Activities & Tours
Visit the many beautiful Waterfalls, God’s Window & Bourke’s Luck Potholes along the third largest green canyon in the world: Blyde River Canyon.
Depart before sunrise or after a leisurely breakfast to explore one of the largest National Parks in the world: Kruger National Park. From the Big 5 to the Small 6 and everything in-between can be viewed in their natural bush habitat.
Adventure Activities from Mild to Wild just 7km away including Elephant Sanctuary, Aerial Cable Trail, Hot Air Ballooning and much much more…
Visit the many beautiful Waterfalls, each with a unique walking trail and support the local communities with their art souvenirs sold at all the attractions. God’s Window and Wonder View offer a breathtaking view over 200km of Mpumalanga Bushveld. The Bourke’s Luck Potholes takes you per footbridge high above the huge potholes carved into the ravine by the Blyde (happy) & Treur (sad) Rivers. The third largest green canyon in the world, Blyde River Canyon, will take your breath away and creates wonderful photographic opportunities in the formations of the rock walls covered in colourful litchen. This tour can easily be navigated in one’s own car with an informative map but should you prefer a guided tour can also be booked 24 hours in advance.
Kruger National Park
Depart before sunrise or leisurely after breakfast via Phabeni Gate to explore this largest National Park in the world. From the Big 5 to the Small 6 and everything in-between can be viewed in their natural bush habitat. This tour can easily be navigated in one’s own car. An informative map can be purchased at the entry gates in most international languages or a guided tour can also be booked 24 hours in advance.
- Guided tours often need to be booked 24 hours in advance
- Night Safaris in open vehicles to the Kruger National Park or the private Game Reserves
- Guided bushwalks with a qualified ranger in the Kruger National Park or private Game Reserves
- An Elephant Experience: walk, touch and feed the African elephants
- Boat trip on the Blyde Dam: board a boat near Swadini Adventura Resort for a scenic trip on the Blyde Dam with splendid views of the Blyde River Canyon and Three Rondawels
- Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre: near Hoedspruit – the largest animal rehabilitation centre in South Africa! See & touch animals and witness the caring of poisoned, injured and abandoned wild animals. Tours depart 9am / 3pm and take approximately 2.5 hours
- Aerial Cable Trail: experience the freedom of gliding over one of the last remaining natural forested valleys along the Sabie River. Each section of trail varies in length linking a total of 9 platforms, making it the longest cable trail in Africa (1.2m). All groups are escorted by qualified guides.
- Hiking Trails: Matumi Hiking Trail, Forest Falls Hiking Trail & Bridal Veil Hiking Trail
- For the more adventurous: river rafting, horse riding, quad biking, buggy jumping are also available locally